VISION: Dodson Middle School students use their knowledge and skills to excel in a competitive, diverse, and changing world and to make positive contributions to society.
MISSION: Dodson Middle School teaches academic skills and character traits that prepare all students for higher education as well as the 21st century job market.
SCHOOL-WIDE LEARNER OUTCOMES: Dodson Middle School Dolphins will become...
Critical thinkers who:
- gather facts and evidence that they can use to defend a position.
- evaluate evidence to make sense of problems and strive to find solutions.
- question and defend the validity of their thoughts to others using logical argument.
- reflect on their own thinking.
- define problems accurately.
- apply effective problem solving strategies.
- collaborate with peers to solve problems.
- address issues that deeply affect the planet and its inhabitants.
- apply knowledge, skills, and problem solving strategies learned in the classroom to real life problems.
Literate individuals who:
- apply literacy skills that transfer across all disciplines.
- communicate orally and in writing using vocabulary that is appropriate to the conversation.
- construct writing that supports opinions.
- convey real and imagined experiences and events.
Digital citizens who:
- use technology responsibly and ethically.
- increase competency in the use of technology.
- apply technology when problem solving and developing literacy skills.
- evaluate the credibility of various forms of media.
- increase their global awareness through the use of technology.
Healthy individuals who:
- engage in activities promoting life-long physical, mental, and emotional well-being.
- practice healthy nutrition habits that affect overall well-being.
- understand the impact that the mind and body have on overall quality of life.
- focus not only on personal health and well-being but also that of others and society.
Life-long learners who:
- work effectively and cooperatively with others who may have different points of view.
- seek opportunities and resources to achieve personal growth.
- learn from the experiences of others.
- contribute their knowledge, skills, and experiences to teach others.
- persevere and grow through difficult tasks and situations.